Brown Butter Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Dill
With Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Makes 4 Servings
By making a brown butter, you can really add a significant amount of nutty flavor. Combined with the fresh dill and lemon in the Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning, you have a complex flavor with simple preparation. YUM!
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted in a pan and cooled
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Directions (Step by Step)
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a sauce pan fitted with a steamer basket.
- Add brussel sprouts, cover and steam until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- While steaming, melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Swirling often, cook until the butter turns a light brown and begins to smell nutty, about 2 minutes, give or take a minute depending on how hot your pan is.
- Stir in olive oil and using a spatula, scrape oil and butter into a large bowl.
- Add the cooked brussel sprouts, almonds, lemon juice and Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning and toss to combine.