Chilled Summer Quinoa Salad with Grilled Chicken Breast
With Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
Makes 4 Servings
Summer Favorite! So fresh and refreshing that you will forget how healthy it is! Enjoy this on a hot summer day or all year round since its so yummy! Directions for the chicken is located in this recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 serrano chile (seeded and sliced thin)
- 3/4 cup chopped and toasted raw almonds
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 3/4 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup green onion (sliced, green part only)
- 1 cup green apple (diced)
- 3/4 cup cucumber (diced)
Directions (Step by Step)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and chill in fridge or freezer.
- Chop all ingredients.
- Mix chilled quinoa and chopped and diced ingredients and add lemon and agave nectar.
- Add more seasoning if necessary to taste.
- Add sliced grilled chicken on top.