With Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
This dish is down right home cooking. Simple and creamy, it is a great warm-you-up dish on a cold winter day.
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick cubes (flank, flat iron, and chuck will all work but you will have to cook them longer or cut in smaller pieces)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2-3 Tablespoons Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles
Directions (Step by Step)
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch cubes.
- Saute mushrooms, onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon of Willards Kitchen All Purpose seasoning in a pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent...remove from pan.
- Use remaining Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning and coat beef. Add remaining butter to pan and sear beef until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour, then stir into beef mixture. Add mushroom and onion mixture; heat to a boil and stir constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Take off heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over noodles.