With Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
For those looking for a one pot meal with some fresh catch of Lobster or Crab, look no further. With the addition of Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning, the broth will add a nice kick to the shellfish and vegetables.
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 jar (about 2 oz) Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning (tip-replace a little of the AP Seasoning with the Seafood Rub and Seasoning for a little dill and lemon kick)
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds
- 2 Tablespoons black peppercorns (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons coriander seeds (optional)
- 6 lemons, halved
- 4 medium artichokes
- 4 ears shucked corn, split in half
- 8 small boiling potatoes (preferably yukon gold or red)
- 2 onions, unpeeled, ends removed
- 5 whole, unpeeled heads of garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (1 1/2 pound) lobsters (Crab will do as well)
- 1 dozen fresh clams (I love manila)
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp in the shell
- Melted unsalted flour
- Sea salt
- Hot sauce
Directions (Step by Step)
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- When water is at a full boil, salt generously and then add bay leaves, All Purpose Seasoning, fennel seeds, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, coriander seeds, and lemons.
- Return to a boil, add artichokes, and cover.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then add potatoes and onions.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and return the cover to the pot.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then add corn, garlic and wine. Simmer, covered, until artichokes, onions, and potatoes are tender; as the vegetables become tender, remove them to a serving platter (the potatoes should take about 20 to 30 minutes, and then artichokes and onions, about 30 to 40 minutes).
- After you have removed all the vegetables, add the lobsters and/or crab. Cook just until they begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes. Then add the clams; after 30 seconds, add shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and begin to curl and the clams open fully, about 5 minutes.
- Cut the onions in half. Cut the artichokes in half and scoop out and discard the chokes.
- Serve the shrimp, potatoes, onions, and artichokes with shallow bowls of melted butter, sea salt, and hot sauce.