With Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
Makes 4 Servings
Better than mom used to make! Enjoy this easy recipe for your family dinner tonight! Can use any type of meat, from Beef to Turkey to the fresh catch! Serve with your favorite coleslaw or potato salad with spears of dill pickle
Optional: Try open-faced sloppy joes. Scoop the meat onto the crusty buns, top with cheddar cheese and broil for a minute to melt the cheese. YUM!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste (or ketchup)
- 4 crusty buns/rolls, toasted and lightly buttered
Directions (Step by Step)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and meat to the pan.
- Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up.
- Combine brown sugar and Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning.
- Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine. When the meat has browned, add onion and red pepper to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion, pepper, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and paste to pan. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 5 minutes longer.
- Using a large spoon or scoop,pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops.
- Serve with your favorite sides.