With Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Makes 8 Servings
This is a traditional cream chowder. Perfect in a bread bowl for the full-meal-deal. The Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning adds a nice brightness of Dill to balance the heavy and creamy nature of the dish. Great for a rainy day!
- 19.5 oz or 3 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup small-med diced celery
- 2 cups russet potatoes (red will work too), cubed into about 3/4 inch sides
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half and half
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (optional)
- 3 Teaspoons Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Directions (Step by Step)
- Add onion, celery, potatoes and carrots to large pan.
- Drain and add juice from the clams and enough water to cover.
- Cook over medium heat until everything is tender, but not mushy.
- While this is cooking, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Warm the half and half in microwave or another pan.
- When butter has melted, whisk in flour until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in half and half until thick and smooth. Cook for 10 minutes to remove flour taste.
- Stir in vegetables with clam juice.
- Heat through, but not to a boil.
- Stir in Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning.
- Stir in clams right before service so they don't get tough.
- When everything is heated through and you have the flavor you want, stir in optional vinegar.