With Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Makes 1.5 pints or about 10 servings
The garlic, lemon peel and dill in the Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning are a perfect compliment to this tangy sauce. Not only is it used to counterpoint rich, bbq’d meats (like souvlaki and shish kebabs), but is also great dip for crisp baked pita, zucchini or eggplant, as a salad dressing, or my favorite…Gyros.
- 1 pint greek-style thick yogurt (sour cream will work great too)
- 1 english cucumber - peeled, grated on a box grater, salted lightly, rested for 5-10 minutes. Squeeze out the water
- 2 garlic cloves – mashed to a paste
- 1.5 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Directions (Step by Step)
- Blend the yogurt, garlic and red wine vinegar.
- Mix in the cucumber and Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning with a spatula.
- Taste for seasoning and add more of the Seafood Rub and Seasoning if you think its necessary.
- Store in resealable container.
- Allow to ‘sit’ in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before using to allow the flavors to mesh.